This episode is from 2018 when Chris and I dive into a discussion about eating disorders and some potential triggers that cause them. Here are some scary but true statistics about eating disorders:
- At least 30 million people of all ages and genders suffer from an eating disorder in the U.S.
- Every 62 minutes at least one person dies as a direct result from an eating disorder.
- Eating disorders have the highest mortality rate of any mental illness.
- 13% of women over 50 engage in eating disorder behaviors.
- 50-80% of the risk for anorexia and bulimia is genetic.
If you feel at all that you are struggling with an eating disorder or know someone who is please seek professional help.
Listen to this podcast